Welcome to the WEB page of the Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling of the University of Ostrava in Ostrava, Czech Republic. Our institute is one of few research institutes in the world working in the field of Soft Computing. We have significantly contributed to the theory and developed various software tools that offer novel methods and that can be applied in various areas: control, decision-making, data analysis, analysis of signals, solving differential equations, and many others.
Starting from July 1, 2011, the Institute for Reasearch and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling has become the Division University of Ostrava of the IT4Innovations. This transformation is due to the engagement of IRAFM and consequently the whole University of Ostrava into the IT4Innovations project.
The IT4Innovations project is implemented by five subjects, besides the University of Ostrava, there are also the following ones participating on the Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations: VSB - Technical University of Ostrava, Silesian University in Opava, Brno University of Technology and Institute of Geonics AS CR.
1. Organized event: International Student Conference on Applied Mathematics and Informatics - ISCAMI 2018
We are pleased to inform you that we organize the only student EUSFLAT endorsed conference of the year 2018 - International Student Conference on Applied Mathematics and Informatics (ISCAMI) 2018, Malenovice, May 10-13, 2018.
2. Upcoming IRAFM seminars:
- Thu May 31 (2018), 9:30 - 10:30, Room C-610. Jiří Močkoř: F-transform theory = example of powerset theory or theory of semimodules homomorphisms
- Thu Jun 7 (2018), 9:30 - 10:30, Room C-610. Petr Hurtík: Past, present, and future of F-transform based image compression
- Thu Jun 21 (2018), 9:30 - 10:30, Room C-610. Nhung Cao: TBA
- Thu Jun 28 (2018), 9:30 - 10:30, Room C-610. Libor Běhounek: TBA